Van Payar /Chumanna Payar / Red Bean Thoran
Van Payar /chumanna Payar / Red Bean > 1/2cup
Grated coconut > 1/4cup
Pepper Powder > 1/2 tsp
Garlic > 1
Shallots /kunjulli > 2 (thinly sliced)
Turmeric Powder > 1/4tsp
Dry Red Chilly > 1
Mustard Seeds > 1/2tsp
Curry Leaf > 1stem
Oil > 1tbp
Salt to taste
- Soak the red bean for 5-6hours. Then pressure cook it by adding 1 cup water for 2 whistle by adding salt.
- Open the cooker and drain the water into a vessel and keep it aside.
- Coarsely grind grated coconut, cumin seed, pepper powder & garlic using a mixer grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, once it start to crackle add shallots and sauté till it turn slight brown color, now dry red chilly , curry leaves. Now add cooked red bean & grinded coconut mixture . Cover the pan and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes, so that the raw smell of coconut is removed
- Now mix it well and cook it for 2minutes without closing the pan.
Serve it with rice and payarupuli